REPEL BOREDOM FROM YOUR LIFE
By Sh Aa'idh Al-Qarni
One who lives a life of repetition and routine will almost inevitably become a victim of boredom, especially since man by his very nature tires from a lack of change. For this reason Allah, the Exalted, the Almighty, gave us variety in times and places, in food and drink - diversity in the many forms of creation: night and day, valley and mountain, white and black, hot and cold, shade and sun,
sweet and sour.
Allah mentioned this diversity in His book: "~There comes forth from their bellies, a drink of varying colors~" (Qur 'an 16: 69)
Al-Ma'moon would alternate between reading, standing, sitting, or lying, and he said, "The soul is ever so prone to boredom."
"~Those who remember Allah [always, and in prayers} standing, sitting and lying down on their sides..." (Qur'an 3: 191)
You should contemplate the many forms of worship that are legislated in Islam. There are deeds of the heart, of the tongue, of the limbs, and of wealth. by spending it for a good cause. The prayer, alms giving, fasting, pilgrimages to Makkah, fighting in the way of Allah - these are only some examples of worship. The prayer involves standing, bowing, prostrating, and sitting.
If you desire relaxation, vitality, and continued productivity, then bring diversity into your work, your reading, and your daily life. In terms of reading, for example, read a broad range of topics: the Qur'an, its explanation, the biography of the Prophet (Blessings and Peace be upon him) and his Companions, Hadith, Islamic jurisprudence, history, literature, books of general knowledge, and so forth. Distribute your time between worship and enjoying what is lawful, from visiting friends, entertaining guests, playing sports, or going on excursions: you will find yourself to be a lively and bright person, because the soul delights in variety and things that are new.
* US planning to partition Iraq, Syria: Analyst - Iraqi armed forces have succeeded in recapturing the historic al-Nuri Grand Mosque in the city of Mosul.
* China builds new military facilities on reef in disputed South China Sea: Group - A US think tank says satellite images show China has recently built new military facilities on artificial islands in the disputed South China Sea.
* Trump to meet Putin, seeks constructive ties with Russia: WH - The White House has confirmed that President Donald Trump will meet with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, at the G20 summit next week, seeking "a more constructive relationship” with Moscow.
* #ANCPolicy Conference LIVE: 'Being dragged to court is counter-revolutionary' - Zuma - During his opening address at the ANC's 5th policy conference, President Jacob Zuma bemoaned the tendency of opposition parties to drag matters to court, saying it is counter to democracy and undermines the issue of majority rule.
* Bodies pile up as mortuary workers down tools in province - The provincial Department of Health says 123 bodies at Salt River and Tygerberg await post-mortem examinations after forensic pathologists “downed tools” at the two mortuaries.
WATER IN THE GLASS
What would people of different professions and walks of life say?
The BANKER would say that the glass has just under 50% of its net worth in liquid assets.
The GOVERNMENT would say that the glass is fuller than if the opposition party were in power.
The OPPOSITION would say that it is irrelevant because the present administration has changed the way such volume statistics are collected.
The ECONOMIST would say that, in real terms, the glass is 25% fuller than at the same time last year.
The PHILOSOPHER would say that, if the glass was in the forest and no one was there to see it, would it be half anything?
The PSYCHIATRIST would ask, "What did your mother say about the glass?"
share with us your clean jokes... email to email@example.com