In the Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Most Merciful
View this Online
(((Listen to us live worldwide)))
Tel: +27 11 854-7022 | Fax:
+27 11 854-7024
| Studio: +27
11 854 1548
| Website: www.radioislam.co.za
For free Newsletter Subscriptions 'Sign up' here
Wednesday, 19 July 2017 / 24 Shawwal 1438 AH
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your NAME and NUMBER
to +27 79 500 0901
18-07-2017 - Mayyit of: Fatima Vally - VENUE: 5 Pisces Street Ext 9 Lenasia - TIME: 11h15 - QABARSTAAN: Lenasia
here for the latest funeral updates
May Allah (SWT) grant us and all the Marhoomeen Forgiveness and Jannatul Firdaus (Aameen)
Caring for Communities
US: 12 Market Street, North End, Port Elizabeth
Tel: 041 484 1288 | Fax: 041 484 1214 | email@example.com
|SOME OF OUR LATEST UPDATES
BRINGING UP A MUSLIM CHILD
Connection with Allah : Tawheed & Uboodiya
By Mirza Yawar Baig
Muslim children must be taught to connect with Allah. They must be introduced to Allah, to His Majesty and His Glory; to His accounting on the Day of Judgment. To the duty that we owe to Him, to be grateful for all that He has given us and to judge ourselves by the integrity with which we fulfill this duty. They must grow up with a profound sense of Uboodiya (sense of being a slave of Allah) whose only purpose in life is to submit to Allah completely in everything that they say or do.
Muslim children must grow up hearing the name of Allah, the recitation of His Word in all its power and majesty. They must grow up hearing the name of His Messenger and the stories of his life. Muslim children must grow up with confidence in their Deen, with pride in being Muslim, with their hearts beating for the love of Allah and with love for His Messenger and a sense of belonging to the global brotherhood of Islam; the Ummah.
To touch the books of Tafsir (commentaries of the Quran) without bathing or without Wudu, is Makruh. To touch the Noble Quran with its translation is Haraam. (Note: this prohibition is in regard to the one upon whom Ghusl is obligatory).
~ BEHISHTI ZEWAR ~
* Russia, China navies to conduct joint drills in Baltic Sea - Russia and China are set to conduct joint naval drills featuring military aircraft and warships from both sides, including one of Beijing’s most advanced destroyers.
* US recertifies Iran’s compliance with nuclear deal - The United States has for a second time certified Iran’s compliance with a 2015 nuclear agreement between the Islamic Republic and six other countries, including the US itself.
* Venezuelan opposition calls for nationwide strike - Venezuela's opposition officials called for a nationwide strike against President Nicolas Maduro to protest against his plan to rewrite the constitution, ratcheting up tensions after they held an unofficial vote rejecting his proposal.
* Uber war rages - About 15 areas have been deemed no-go zones for Uber drivers owing to the escalation of bloody clashes with metered-taxi operators that have claimed at least one life.
* 1000's to walk in Cape Town on Mandela Day - An estimated 1000 people are expected to walk from the Grand Parade, where crowds gathered to listen to Nelson Mandela's iconic Freedom speech delivered from a balcony at City Hall in 1990 after his release from prison, to the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) to celebrate Mandela Day and the tenth anniversary of The Elders.
Gold: $1,234.10 /ounce
* Platinum: $924.09 /ounce
* Silver: R7.00 /g
* Oil: $ 48.52 /barrel
* $: R12.90
* €: R14.87
* £: R16.86
* Saudi Riyal: R3.43
* Mahr Fatimi: R10 716.30 (1530.90
grams of Silver)
* Minimum Mahr: R214.32 (30.618 grams
* Zakaah Nisaab: R4286.52 (612.36 grams
* Krugerrand: R16,732.08
* 24 carat gold: R513.29 /g
* 22 carat gold: R471.46 /g
* 18 carat gold: R385.64 /g
* 14 carat gold: R300.24 /g
* 09 carat gold: R194.31 /g
As at (18/07/2017)
½ kg peanuts that have been roasted and cleaned. Thereafter grind the peanuts to a paste in a coffee grinder. 2 medium bunches of green dhania - 1 bunch mint - 2 tblsps crushed green chillies - 1 tsp salt - 2 full tblsps crushed garlic - 1 tblsp whole jeeero - 1 cup white vinegar - 2 tblsps desiccated coconut (optional).
In a liquidizer make chutney of dhania, mint, crushed green chillies, salt, garlic, whole jeero and white vinegar. Add ground peanuts and liquidizer again. Add more vinegar if chutney is too thick. Empty into a large dish and cover. Leave overnight and bottle the next day.
This chutney freezes well. If frozen thaw and mix a little white vinegar.
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp yourNAME and NUMBER to +27 79 500 0901
|| Rentals || Jobs Seekers || Vacancies || Car Sales || Holiday Accomodation || Transport || Labour Law || Muslim Names || Masjids / Mosques in South Africa || Garage Sale || Community News || Donate || Library || Recipes || Podcasts
For our 10th anniversary my wife and I vacationed in Hawaii, where we went snorkelling. After an hour in the water everyone got back on the boat, except for one young man and me.
As I continued my underwater exploring, I noticed that everywhere I swam, he swam. I snorkelled for another 20 minutes. So did he. I climbed back in the boat. So did he. I felt very flattered and, as I took off my fins, asked him why he had stayed in the water for so long.
"I'm the lifeguard," he replied matter-of-factly. "I couldn't get out until you did."
share with us your clean jokes... email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages
on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your
NAME and NUMBER to +27
79 500 0901
Share with us your poem; article; story; handy hint;
joke and thoughts. Insha Allah! we will make good use of it. Email it to: email@example.com
TO RADIO ISLAM
The information in or attached to this newsletter is for the use of the intended addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software, and delete the message from your system. Any
statements and/or opinion/advertisements in this email not related to this company's business is solely that of the advertiser and we do not take responsibility / endorse for such statements / advertisements or opinions.
VIRUS WARNING: Please note that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, however, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. Radio Islam does not accept any liability for any damage caused as a result of a virus transmitted by this email.