In the Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Most Merciful
View this Online
(((Listen to us live worldwide)))
Tel: +27 11 854-7022 | Fax:
+27 11 854-7024
| Studio: +27
11 854 1548
| Website: www.radioislam.co.za
For free Newsletter Subscriptions 'Sign up' here
15 June 2017 / 20 Ramadhan 1438H
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your NAME and NUMBER
to +27 79 500 0901
14-06-2017 - Mayyit of: Amina Ballim - VENUE: 57 Indra Street Mayfair West - Time: 10H30 - QABARSTAAN: West Park
here for the latest funeral updates
May Allah (SWT) grant us and all the Marhoomeen Forgiveness and Jannatul Firdaus (Aameen)
Caring for Communities
US: 12 Market Street, North End, Port Elizabeth
Tel: 041 484 1288 | Fax: 041 484 1214 | email@example.com
|SOME OF OUR LATEST UPDATES
WE USED TO KNOW BUT WE DIDN’T ACT
Ibnul Qayyim (RA) said,
“A girl died of a plague and her father saw her in his dream. He said, ‘my daughter, tell me about the hereafter. So she said, ‘We’ve approached a serious matter. We used to know but we didn’t act. I swear by Allah, to add one Tasbeehah (saying Subhan Allah) or a single Rak’ah to my book of deeds is more beloved to me than the whole world and everything in it.’
This girl said words of great importance. ‘We used to know but we didn’t act’, but many of us don’t understand what she means.
• We used to know, that if we say Subhan Allah wa bi Hamdihi 100 times our sins are forgiven even if they’re like the foam of the sea... (Al-Bukhari) (yet days and nights pass and we don’t say it).
• We used to know that whoever visits a sick person is followed by 70,000 angels seeking Allah’s forgiveness on his behalf... (al-Tirmidhi) (but we haven’t visited a sick person this week).
• We used to know that “Whoever builds a mosque for Allah, then Allah will build for him a house like it in Paradise.” (Al-Muslim) (yet we haven’t contributed to the building of a Masjid, even with 10 dinars).
• We used to know that whoever reads a single letter from the Quran has a good deed and every deed is multiplied by 10. (al-Tirmidhī) Yet we haven’t made a point to read it every day.
We used to bury the deceased and pray over them but haven’t prepared ourselves for a day like this one, as if we have a guarantee that it won’t happen to us.
Know that every breath we breathe is getting us closer to death yet we’re still busy with amusement and playing. It’s time we change the way we live and prepare properly for the day of accounting.
“On the Day a man will flee from his brother. And his mother and his father, and his mother and his father. And his wife and his children, For every man, that Day, will be a matter adequate for him.” (Al-Qur’an)
If the Esha Salaah was not offered with congregation, the Taraaweeh Salaah should also not be offered with congregation. This is because the Taraaweeh Salaah is subordinate to the Esha Salaah. However, if a group of people offer their Esha with congregation and thereafter offer their Taraaweeh with congregation, then it will be permissible for a person who has not offered his Esha with congregation to join this group in their Taraaweeh Salaah. This is so because he will be regarded as subordinate to these people whose congregation is valid.
~ BEHISHTI ZEWAR ~
* Israel, New Zealand restore ties after months of diplomatic spat - The Tel Aviv regime and New Zealand have agreed to end a six-month rift in relations sparked by Wellington’s backing of a United Nations Security Council Resolution 2334 against Israeli settlements.
* Saudi Arabia prime suspect in Tehran attacks: Iranian official - An Iranian official says Saudi Arabia is the “prime suspect” behind the recent terrorist attacks in Tehran.
* Night of horror in London as blaze traps tower dwellers - Shaken survivors of a blaze that ravaged a west London tower block told of seeing people trapped or jump to their doom as flames raced towards the building's upper floors and smoke filled the corridors.
* Recession, instability, economy are driving away SA’s skilled workers - Over the past few years, we have seen interest rates increasing tremendously, unemployment increasing and continuous political scandals that keep shaking our already unsteady economy, and news of the Gupta email leaks with information showing that our president is acquiring a very expensive mansion in Dubai.
* Police recover drugs worth more than R100m, arrest three - Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation (Hawks) spokesperson Robert Netshiunda said the Richards Bay Organised Crime Unit, along with Crime Intelligence officers in Empangeni and Pretoria, arrested three men following the discovery of heroin worth R104 million.
Gold: $1,262.00/ ounce
* Platinum: $ 928.67/ounce
* Silver: R7.63/g
* Oil: $ 48.27 /barrel
* $: R12.76
* €: R14.30
* £: R16.24
* Saudi Riyal: R3.40
* Mahr Fatimi: R11 405.21 (1530.90 grams
* Minimum Mahr: R228.10 (30.618 grams
* Zakaah Nisaab: 4562.08 (612.36 grams
* Krugerrand: R16,904.96
* 24 carat gold: R518.59/g
* 22 carat gold: R476.32/g
* 18 carat gold: R389.61/g
* 14 carat gold: R303.33/g
* 09 carat gold: R196.33/g
Shafi'i/ Hanbali/ Maliki: R28.00
Shafi'i/ Hanbali/ Maliki: R7.00
As at (14/06/2017)
CHOC MINT CUPCAKES
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Peppermint essence
½ teaspoon green food coloring
2½ cups cake flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 cup milk
1 cup desiccated coconut
Nutella Chocolate spread - to fill and decorate Grated peppermint crisp chocolate to decorate.
Method:preheat oven on 180 degrees. Line 24 muffin tins with paper cases. Cream butter, sugar, essence and coloring until light & fluffy. Add eggs gradually, beating well after each addition. Add milk. Fold in siftedflour, baking powder, salt and coconut lastly.Spoon half the batter evenly into 24 paper cases. Add in the centre of each muffin ½ teaspoon chocolate spread. Spoon remaining batter evenly over chocolate spread. Bake at 180 degree for about 25 minutes until done. Once cooled Decorate with the grated peppermint.
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp yourNAME and NUMBER to +27 79 500 0901
|| Rentals || Jobs Seekers || Vacancies || Car Sales || Holiday Accomodation || Transport || Labour Law || Muslim Names || Masjids / Mosques in South Africa || Garage Sale || Community News || Donate || Library || Recipes || Podcasts
CELL PHONE FIND
An employee of the airport found a cell phone in one of the boarding areas. She switched it on, hoping a caller would identify the owner. It rang, and she answered it, but there was no response. When it rang a second time, another female employee answered, and the same thing happened.
Moments later, a supervisor came by and picked up the ringing phone. "This is Bob. May I help you?"
"Bob," the bewildered woman caller finally spoke. "Where is Bill, and who are those two women he's with?"
share with us your clean jokes... email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages
on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your
NAME and NUMBER to +27
79 500 0901
Share with us your poem; article; story; handy hint;
joke and thoughts. Insha Allah! we will make good use of it. Email it to: email@example.com
TO RADIO ISLAM
The information in or attached to this newsletter is for the use of the intended addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software, and delete the message from your system. Any
statements and/or opinion/advertisements in this email not related to this company's business is solely that of the advertiser and we do not take responsibility / endorse for such statements / advertisements or opinions.
VIRUS WARNING: Please note that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, however, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. Radio Islam does not accept any liability for any damage caused as a result of a virus transmitted by this email.