In the Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Most Merciful
View this Online
(((Listen to us live worldwide)))
Tel: +27 11 854-7022 | Fax:
+27 11 854-7024
| Studio: +27
11 854 1548
| Website: www.radioislam.co.za
For free Newsletter Subscriptions 'Sign up' here
07 June 2017 / 12 Ramadhan 1438H
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your NAME and NUMBER
to +27 79 500 0901
here for the latest funeral updates
May Allah (SWT) grant us and all the Marhoomeen Forgiveness and Jannatul Firdaus (Aameen)
Caring for Communities
US: 12 Market Street, North End, Port Elizabeth
Tel: 041 484 1288 | Fax: 041 484 1214 | firstname.lastname@example.org
|SOME OF OUR LATEST UPDATES
PRAYER IS LIKE A FORTRESS
by Dr. Suhaib Hasan
Prayer is the basis of all good actions. Below are quoted two passages of the Quran, both of which list a number of good actions. Prayer comes before and after all good actions:
A. Surah al-Muminun [23: 1-11]
"Successful indeed are the believers. Those who offer their Salat (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness. And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk, falsehoods and all that Allah has forbidden). And those who pay the Zakat. And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal acts). Except from their wives …, -for then, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors. Those who are faithfully true to their trusts and to their covenants. And those who strictly guard their Salat (five compulsory congregational prayers at their fixed stated hours). These are indeed the inheritors. Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever."
B. Surah Al-Marif: [70: 19-35]
"Verily, man (disbeliever) was created very impatient; irritable (discontented) when evil touches him; and niggardly when good touches him. Except those devoted to Salat (prayers), those who remain constant in their Salat (prayers), and those in whose wealth there is a known right, for the beggar who asks, and for the unlucky who has lost his property and wealth, (and his means of living has been straitened). And those who believe in the Day of Recompense, and those who fear the torment of their Lord. Verily! The torment of their Lord is that before which none can feel secure. And those who guard their chastity (ie, private parts from illegal acts), except with their wives …, -for (then) they are not to be blames. But whosoever seeks beyond that, then it is those who are trespassers. And those who keep their trusts and covenants, and those who stand firm in their testimonies, and those who guard their Salat (prayers) well; such shall dwell in the Gardens (i.e. Paradise) honored."
In these passages, the believers are said to have certain characteristics, the first of which they concentrate on their prayers.
Allah's Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) also said: "The first thing about which a mans is going to be questioned on the Day of Judgment is prayer. If it is found to be sound all his other reactions will be sound as well. If his prayer is not sound all his remaining actions would be spoiled." [Al-Tabarani]
If a wound has been bandaged and it will be harmful to open the bandage and make Masah over the wound, or it will be difficult and painful to open the bandage, then in both cases it will be permissible to make Masah on the bandage. However, if this is not the case, the bandage will have to be removed and Masah will have to be made on the wound.
BEHISHTI ZEWAR ~
* US State Department confirms $750 million military sale to Saudi - The US State Department confirms a $750 million military sale to Saudi Arabia as part of a huge deal sealed by President Donald Trump.
* Israeli protesters call for end to 50-year occupation of Palestine - Hundreds of Israelis have held a protest rally in Israel’s Haifa to call for an end to the Tel Aviv regime’s 50-year occupation of Palestinian territories.
* Kabul truck-bomb toll rises to more than 150 killed - Afghan president - The death toll from a truck-bomb explosion in Kabul last week has reached more than 150 people, making it the deadliest attack in the Afghan capital since the ouster of the Taliban in 2001.
* DA wants to ensure Molefe does not return to ESKOM - The Democratic Alliance has now joined Public Enterprises Minister Lynne Brown and Eskom in Molefe’s Labour Court battle to have his job back as CEO.
* Lots of rain and a bit of snow forecast for Cape - Disaster risk management teams and emergency services in the Western Cape have been placed on full alert as a cold front is expected to make landfall.
Gold: $1,279.95/ ounce
* Platinum: $ 959.61/ounce
* Silver: R7.75/g
* Oil: $ 49.28 /barrel
* $: R12.71
* €: R14.32
* £: R16.39
* Saudi Riyal: R3.39
* Mahr Fatimi: R11 864.48 (1530.90 grams
* Minimum Mahr: R237.28 (30.618 grams
* Zakaah Nisaab: 4745.79 (612.36 grams
* Krugerrand: R17,134.65
* 24 carat gold: R525.62/g
* 22 carat gold: R482.79/g
* 18 carat gold: R394.89/g
* 14 carat gold: R307.43/g
* 09 carat gold: R199.00/g
Shafi'i/ Hanbali/ Maliki: R28.00
Shafi'i/ Hanbali/ Maliki: R7.00
As at (06/06/2017)
MUTTON CHOPS WITH SAUCE
1 kg chops
1 tblsp crushed garlic
1 tsp crushed ginger
1 tsp black pepper
½ tblsp fine salt or to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
A few cloves, cinnamon sticks elachi..
1 large onion chopped
1 cup tomato sauce
1 ½ tblsp fine red chillies
1 tblsp fine dhania
1 tsp Arad- turmeric
Some chopped green dhania
Marinate chops in garlic, ginger, pepper, salt and lemon juice and rub well. Heat oil with cloves, elachi, and cinnamon and add chopped onions and chops. Allow to simmer on a low heat until chops are done. Add tomato sauce chillies, dhania and Arad. Cook on a medium heat for 5 -7 minutes. Lastly add in fresh cut dhania. N.B. DO NOT ALLOW MIXTURE TO DRY OUT. CHOPS MUST BE SAUCY.
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp yourNAME and NUMBER to +27 79 500 0901
|| Rentals || Jobs Seekers || Vacancies || Car Sales || Holiday Accomodation || Transport || Labour Law || Muslim Names || Masjids / Mosques in South Africa || Garage Sale || Community News || Donate || Library || Recipes || Podcasts
DRAWBACKS OF WORKING IN A CUBICLE
- Being told to "Think outside of the Box" when I'm in the freaking box all day!
- Not being able to check E-mail attachments without first seeing who is behind me.
- My walls are too close together for my hammock to work right.23 power cords, 1 outlet.
- Prison cells are not only bigger, they have beds.
- When tours come through, I get lots of peanuts thrown at me.
- Can't slam the door when you quit and walk out.
share with us your clean jokes... email to email@example.com
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages
on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your
NAME and NUMBER to +27
79 500 0901
Share with us your poem; article; story; handy hint;
joke and thoughts. Insha Allah! we will make good use of it. Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO RADIO ISLAM
The information in or attached to this newsletter is for the use of the intended addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software, and delete the message from your system. Any
statements and/or opinion/advertisements in this email not related to this company's business is solely that of the advertiser and we do not take responsibility / endorse for such statements / advertisements or opinions.
VIRUS WARNING: Please note that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, however, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. Radio Islam does not accept any liability for any damage caused as a result of a virus transmitted by this email.