In the Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Most Merciful
View this Online
(((Listen to us live worldwide)))
Tel: +27 11 854-7022 | Fax:
+27 11 854-7024
| Studio: +27
11 854 1548
| Website: www.radioislam.co.za
For free Newsletter Subscriptions 'Sign up' here
Thursday 10 May 2018 / 23 Shabaan 1439H
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your NAME and NUMBER
to +27 79 500 0901
here for the latest funeral updates
May Allah (SWT) grant us and all the Marhoomeen Forgiveness and Jannatul Firdaus (Aameen)
Caring for Communities
US: 12 Market Street, North End, Port Elizabeth
Tel: 041 484 1288 | Fax: 041 484 1214 | email@example.com
|SOME OF OUR LATEST UPDATES
A true Muslim believes that Allah’ s creation is meaningful and that life has a sublime purpose beyond the physical needs and material activities of humankind. The purpose of life is to worship Allah. This does not simply mean that we have to spend our entire lives in constant seclusion and absolute meditation. To worship Allah is to know Him; to love Him; to obey His commandments; to enforce His law in every aspect of life; to serve His cause by doing the right and shunning the evil; and to be just to Him, to ourselves, and to our fellow human beings.
To worship Allah is to “live” life and not to run away from it. In brief, to worship Allah is to imbue ourselves with His Supreme Attributes. This is by no means a simple statement, nor is it an over simplification of the matter. It is most comprehensive and conclusive. So if life has a purpose and if man is created to serve that purpose, then he cannot escape the responsibility. He cannot deny his existence or ignore the vital role he has to play.
When Allah charges one with a responsibility, He provides him with all the required assistance. He endows him with intelligence and power to choose his course of conduct. Man, thus, is strongly commended by Allah to exert his utmost to fully serve the purpose of his existence. Should he fail to do that, or misuse his life or neglect his duties, he shall be responsible to Allah for his wrong deeds.
~ Taken from the book ‘Islam in Focus’ by Hammudah Abdalati ~
QADHA OF TAHAJJUD SALAAH
Question: Can one make Qadha, if one missed the Tahajjud Salaah?
Answer: Yes one can make amends by performing twelve Rakaats in the time between sunrise and Zawaal.
عمر بن الخطاب -رضي الله عنه- قال: قال رسول الله -صلى الله عليه وسلم-: ((من نام عن حزبه أو عن شيء منه، فقرأه فيما بين صلاة الفجر وصلاة الظهر كتب له كأنما قرأه من الليل) رواه ابو دَاوُدَ ج١ ص١٨٦
It is narrated from Sayyidina Umar R.A. that The Messenger Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam said: "Whoever sleeps past his full portion [of the late-night prayers] or part of them, he should perform it between Salatul Fajr and Salatul Zhuhr and it would be recorded for him as if he had performed it during the night."Abu Dawood.
And Allah Knows Best
Subscribe to Daily Fiqh WhatsApp service by sending a message to +27 72 071 3684
Join the Daily Fiqh Telegram channel https://t.me/DailyFiqh
* Erdogan denounces French manifesto calling for removal of Qur'an passages -Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has denounced an anti-Islam manifesto published last month by 300 French figures calling for parts of the Qur’an, the holy book of Muslims, to be removed.
* Theresa May forced to let MPs vote on single market - British Prime Minister Theresa May has been forced to allow MPs to have a vote on remaining in the European Economic Area (EEA) following multiple fresh defeats in the House of Lords.
* Iran to negotiate with world powers to keep nuclear deal in place - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has said Tehran will bypass Washington and negotiate with the other signatories of a multinational nuclear deal, calling the US withdrawal from the landmark pact "unacceptable".
* #RamaphosaQandA: Cyril defends Mmusi’s white privilege remarks - President Cyril Ramaphosa has backed DA leader Mmusi Maimane against members of the opposition party who went after him over for his Freedom Day comments regarding white privilege.
* DeLille details DA's 'short cuts of desperation' to get rid of her - Patricia de Lille says her axing as mayor without due process meant the DA was conceding it had no real evidence against her.
Gold: $1 306.60 /ounce
* Platinum: $ 911.98 /ounce
* Silver: R7.00 /g
* Oil: $ 76.63 /barrel
* $: R12.60
* €: R14.93
* £: R17.05
* Saudi Riyal: R3.37
* Mahr Fatimi: R10 716.30 (1530.90
grams of Silver)
* Minimum Mahr: R214.32 (30.618 grams
* Zakaah Nisaab: R4286.52 (612.36 grams
* Krugerrand: R17 313.75
* 24 carat gold: R531.10 /g
* 22 carat gold: R487.78 /g
* 18 carat gold: R399.00 /g
* 14 carat gold: R310.63 /g
* 09 carat gold: R200.99 /g
As at (09/05/2018)
MUTTON KORMA RICE
3 cups rice boiled with cinnamon stick, whole jeeru, and ½ tsp arad/turmeric. Set aside.
2 kg mutton (washed and drained)
2 big onions (chopped)
1 tsp jeeru
1 tblsp ginger garlic masala
2 tblsp garlic masala
1 tsp red chillies
2 tsp salt
1 tsp arad
2 tblsp dry dhana
5 whole green chillies
1 tin tomatoes (liquidized)
2 cups Greek yoghurt
5 potatoes (peeled and fried)
Make vagaar with onions and jeeru, braise masalas and add spices, add mutton and cook till almost done. Add tin tomatoes and cook completely till mutton is well done. Remove from heat and add yoghurt, mix this well. Layer in pot, first add a little rice at the bottom of your pot with some ghee, add mutton mixture, potatoes and top with balance of the rice, pour over some saffron water and leave to steam. Serve with Dhai and Paapar
COURTESY KHATIJA EBRAHIM
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp yourNAME and NUMBER to +27 79 500 0901
|| Rentals || Jobs Seekers || Vacancies || Car Sales || Holiday Accomodation || Transport || Labour Law || Muslim Names || Masjids / Mosques in South Africa || Garage Sale || Community News || Donate || Library || Recipes || Podcasts
QUOTES THAT MAKE YOU THINK AND SMILE...
• If you don't go into the cave of the tiger, how are you going to get its cub?
• Follow the local custom when you go to a foreign place.
• Once bitten by a snake, you are even frightened by a rope that resembles a snake.
• When rowing forward, the boat may rock.
• A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers.
• A bad worker quarrels with his tools. A bad workman blames his tools.
share with us your clean jokes... email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages
on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your
NAME and NUMBER to +27
79 500 0901
Share with us your poem; article; story; handy hint;
joke and thoughts. Insha Allah! we will make good use of it. Email it to: email@example.com
TO RADIO ISLAM
The information in or attached to this newsletter is for the use of the intended addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software, and delete the message from your system. Any
statements and/or opinion/advertisements in this email not related to this company's business is solely that of the advertiser and we do not take responsibility / endorse for such statements / advertisements or opinions.
VIRUS WARNING: Please note that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, however, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. Radio Islam does not accept any liability for any damage caused as a result of a virus transmitted by this email.