Some Meritorious Actions that can be done on Significant Nights
1. Increase Qur’an Recitation
2. Increase Salaat & Salaam on Rasullullah (sallallhu alaiyhi wassallam).
3. Istighfaar & Taubah: Increase Istighfaar, as well as, notably, the best words of Istighfaar (Sayyidul Istighfaar) can be read.
4. Perform 2 rakaats of Salaatut-Taubah and beg for forgiveness of all sins. Turn towards Allah Ta'ala with sincere regret and shame over sins committed and make a firm promise not to return to sin and seek forgiveness from Allah Ta'ala. Have firm hope and resolution in the heart that Allah Ta'ala will surely show mercy and forgiveness.
5. Salatut Tasbeeh: It is recorded in Sunan Abi Dawud and other books of Hadith that Rasulullah (sallallahu `alayhi wasallam) once said to his uncle Sayyadina Abbas RA: O Abbas! O my uncle! Shall I not give you a gift? Shall I not show you something by means of which Allah Ta`ala will forgive your sins, the first and the last of them, the past and recent, the unintentional and the intentional, the small and huge, the secret and open? Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then taught him the Salah al-Tasbih. Furthermore he advised him that it be offered daily, if possible. If not, then every Friday or once a month or once a year or at least once in one's life time.
6. Tahajjud Salaah: “And make salaah in some portions of the night and additional prayer for yourself. It maybe that your Rabb will raise you to the best and highest place in Jannah.” (Qur’an 17:79)
7. Duaa: Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu anhu) has reported that Rasullullah (sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) has said: "When the last (portion) of the night remains, our Rabb,the Glorious One, descends towards the heavens of the world (meaning, His special mercy) and proclaims: Who is there who supplicates Me, and I grant his supplication? Who is there who begs Me for anything, and I may grant it to him? Who is there who seeks My forgiveness, and I may forgive him?" ( Bukhari, Muslim). These opportune moments occur during the last third of everynight of the year. Ernest duaas can be made at these times especially on these auspicious nights. One should make duaa for one’s self, family, children, all our Marhooms and the Ummah of Rasullullah(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam). read more