In the Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Most Merciful
View this Online
(((Listen to us live worldwide)))
Tel: +27 11 854-7022 | Fax:
+27 11 854-7024
| Studio: +27
11 854 1548
| Website: www.radioislam.co.za
For free Newsletter Subscriptions 'Sign up' here
Thursday, 07 February 2019 / 01 Jumadal Ukhra 1440H
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your NAME and NUMBER
to +27 79 500 0901
06-02-2019 - Mayyit of: Zubeida Khan - Wife of Mohammed Khan - VENUE: 9 Heather Avenue Ext 2 Lenasia - TIME: 11H00 -QABARSTAAN: Lenasia
06-02-2019 - Mayyit of: Ahmed Makda - VENUE: 35 Pieter Uys Avenue Alberton - TIME: 15H00 -QABARSTAAN: Elsburg
here for the latest funeral updates
May Allah (SWT) grant us and all the Marhoomeen Forgiveness and Jannatul Firdaus (Aameen)
|SOME OF OUR LATEST UPDATES
PRAYER AS A REMINDER
By Dr. Suhaib Hasan – U.A.E
A non-Muslim once asked the following question during a discussion: "I can understand why Muslims were required to pray five times a day during the early days of Islam. They did not have many things to do in those days so the Prophet kept them busy with prayer. But our sophisticated and modern life leaves man with little spare time. He is much too busy to be expected to pray five times a day."
The answer given was what is the primary objective of prayer. The Qur'an says: "...and establish prayer for My Remembrance."[20: 14]
As man is by nature forgetful, prayer reminds him of the allegiance due to his Creator and Lord. If prayer was needed fourteen hundred years ago when man did not lead such a busy lifestyle, then it is even more necessary in today's hectic world. On the one hand, education and work keep people occupied constantly. And when it is time to relax. Shaitan (Satan) has found many new channels to operate through, such as television, the cinema and videos. Man becomes so engrossed in this life that he has no thought for Allah and the Hereafter. The need to remind man of the realities of his existence has thus intensified, and not declined in modern times. Prayer is still of utmost importance and benefit in our high-tech lives.
Prayer acts as a shield against evil. Allah Almighty says in the Qur'an: "...Verily, As-salat (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahsha (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse etc. ) and al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed etc.)..." [29: 45]
METHOD OF SALAAH FOR A FEMALE
Question: How does the female’s Salaah defer from the male’s Salaah?
Answer: When performing Salaah a female is required to cover her entire body except her face, hands upto the wrists and her feet upto the ankles. He clothing should be thick and not transparent.
1. When saying the Takbeer Tahrimah, she will raise her hands up to her shoulders (without removing her hands from under her Burqa).
2. Thereafter, she will place her hands on her chest in such a way that the palm of her right hand is placed on the back of the left hand. ( She will not grip her wrist with her thumb and small finger)
3. Then, she will bend slightly for Ruku to the extent that she is able to touch her knees. Her fingers should be placed together on the knees ( without grasping her knees). Her knees will be slightly bent. Her elbows should be placed close to her sides and her ankles should be kept together.
4. In Sajdah, her forearms should be placed flat on the ground, with her stomach touching her thighs. Her fingers will be close together facing Qiblah. She will place her feet on her right side. As far as possible, the toes should be turned towards the Qiblah.
5. When sitting in the Tashahud position her feet will remain outwards, towards the right. Her palms with her finger close together and pointing towards the Qiblah should be placed on her knees.
عن يزيد بن أبى حبيب رضي الله عنه أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم مر على امرأتين تصليان فقال إذا سجدتما فضما بعض اللحم إلى الأرض ، فإن المرأة ليست في ذلك كالرجل (مراسيل أبي داود)
عن عبد الله بن عمر قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إذا جلست المرأة في الصلوة وضعت فخذها على فخذها الاخرى وإذا سجدت الصقت بطنها في فخذيها كالستر ما يكون لها وان الله تعالى ينظر إليها ويقول يا ملائكتى اشهدكم انى قد غفرت لها
(بيهقي ج٢ص ٢٢٣)
And Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Subscribe to Daily Fiqh WhatsApp service by sending a message to +27 72 071 3684
Join the Daily Fiqh Telegram channel https://t.me/DailyFiqh
* DA Kicked Out of Lenasia School after Concerns Raised of Structural Problems - The Democratic Alliance (DA) says it has been refused an oversight inspection of a Lenasia School after concerned parents raised questions about structural problems and overcrowding at the school.
Gold: $1 312.15 /ounce
* Platinum: $818.98 /ounce
* Silver: R7.17 /g
* Oil: $62.05 /barrel
* $: R13.42
* €: R15.29
* £: R17.38
* Saudi Riyal: R3.57
* Mahr Fatimi: R10.976.55 (1530.90
grams of Silver)
* Minimum Mahr: R219.53 (30.618 grams
* Zakaah Nisaab: R4390.62 (612.36 grams
* Krugerrand: R18 492.86
* 24 carat gold: R567.21 /g
* 22 carat gold: R520.89 /g
* 18 carat gold: R426.08 /g
* 14 carat gold: R331.69 /g
* 09 carat gold: R214.55 /g
As at (06/02/2019)
METHI BHAJIE MOONS RECIPE
2 cups flour
2 tblsp ghee
2 heaped tsp baking powder
1 bunch methi bhajie finely chopped
A little fresh dhania finely chopped
Salt to taste
2 med potatoes boiled and mashed
1 cup lukewarm water and milk mixed together
Mix together flour, ghee baking powder, methi bhajie, salt, dhania and mashed potatoes. Make dough with milk and water mixture. Divide dough into 5 balls and roll each ball into a roti. Smear roties with melted ghee then stack up and roll into 1 big rotie Cut into rounds and fill with filling of choice, chicken, mince or potatoe and seal. You can seal edges with flour and water paste. Fry in medium to hot oil.
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp yourNAME and NUMBER to +27 79 500 0901
|| Rentals || Jobs Seekers || Vacancies || Car Sales || Holiday Accomodation || Transport || Labour Law || Muslim Names || Masjids / Mosques in South Africa || Garage Sale || Community News || Donate || Library || Recipes || Podcasts
A US Navy destroyer stops four Mexicans in a row boat rowing towards California. The Captain gets on the loud- hailer and shouts, "Ahoy, small craft. Where are you headed?"
One of the Mexicans puts down his oar, stands up, and shouts, "We are invading the United States of America to reclaim the territory taken by the USA during the 1800's."
The entire crew of the destroyer doubled-over in laughter.
When the Captain is finally able to catch his breath, he gets back on the loud-hailer and asks, "Just the four of you?"
The same Mexican stands up again and shouts, "No, we're the last four. The rest are already there!"
share your clean jokes with us... email to email@example.com
WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages
on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your
NAME and NUMBER to +27
79 500 0901
Share with us your poem; article; story; handy hint;
joke and thoughts. Insha Allah! we will make good use of it. Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO RADIO ISLAM
The information in or attached to this newsletter is for the use of the intended addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software, and delete the message from your system. Any
statements and/or opinion/advertisements in this email not related to this company's business is solely that of the advertiser and we do not take responsibility / endorse for such statements / advertisements or opinions.
VIRUS WARNING: Please note that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, however, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. Radio Islam does not accept any liability for any damage caused as a result of a virus transmitted by this email.