BEHAVIOUR AND CONSIDERATIONS IN MASJIDS
A reminder on behaviour and considerations in Masjids. I have witnessed or been a victim of these in different Masjids. All that is needed is a little consideration of others and to remember that we are in the house of Allah.
* Making Wudhu, please do not splash water on others, especially those on either side of you. It is quite common that water while washing feet, face or arms water splashes on those on either side of you.
* Walking out the door after Salaah, please do not trample on others feet or bump into others.
* Reading/performing the Sunnat Rakaats, please do not stand at the last row/right at the back, usually very close to the wall. It is difficult to get past you and others should not walk in front of you while you are in Salaah.
* Sitting in the Masjid, please do not plunder various orifices (nose, ears, mouth) and discard the contents on the carpet / Musallahs.
* There are paper towels for the feet, please use them. It is not comfortable for people to put their heads down in Sajda and their nose or forehead to touch wet carpet because someone walked over it with wet feet.
* Entering the Masjid or Wudhu section, if there are people trying to leave, please be kind enough to let them leave first before you enter. This also creates space for you. People sometimes force themselves in before letting those who are leaving to exit.
* Wiping yourself after Wudhu please leave space to allow for others to get to the paper towel dispenser or hand towels. People often take what they require then stand around not leaving space for others to get to the towels (hand or paper).
* Using the benches/chairs/other seating area for putting on your shoes, please get up to allow others / the next person to use it once you have finished. Often people remain seated after putting on their shoes while others who need a space have to wait.
* In the Masjid please refrain from idle chatter.
* When in Salaah, please do not read so loud that you disturb others around you (please do some research on this in Islam).
* In the Masjid please consider body odour and mouth odour (please do some research on this in Islam).
* Passing others who are seated, please do not step on them or kick them – please be careful when walking.
Author: A concerned listener of Radio Islam