In the Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Most Merciful

View this Online

(((Listen to us live worldwide)))

For free Newsletter Subscriptions 'Sign up' here

Monday, 23 August 2021/ 14 Muharram 1443 AH

  • Follow the Rules – Part 18

    “Khadir said: “Well, then, if you are to follow me, do not question me about anything [that I may do] until I myself give you an account thereof.” [Al Kahf 18: 70]

    Khadir tells Musa عليه السلام to not ask him any questions until he makes mention of it himself. This highlights the importance of the student of knowledge to not be hasty when seeking knowledge. Certain issues and rulings take their time in understanding, so we shouldn’t be quick to make a judgment until we know the reality of the issue. Seeking knowledge is also to be sought in stages and not in one go. The entire Qur’ān was revealed in stages to be recited in stages as Allah says: More
  • Is another civil war looming for Afghanistan?

    By Annisa Essack

    The Soviet Occupation of Afghanistan lasted a decade from 1979 until 1989. The Mujahideen, or resistance fighters, was supported the United States in their fight against Soviet forces. More
Al-Tawheed   Al-Imdaad
  Johannesburg Durban Port Elizabeth Cape Town
Sehri Ends 5:06am 4:56am 5:18am 5:41am
Fajr begins 5:11am 5:01am 5:23am 5:46am
Sunrise 6:29am 6:21am 6:47am 7:15am
Zawaal 12:10pm 11:58am 12:21pm 12:49pm
Asr Shaafi 3:26pm 3:11pm 3:28pm 3:57pm
Asr Hanafi 4:15pm 3:58pm 4:15pm 4:43pm
Maghrib 5:55pm 5:39pm 5:54pm 6:25pm
Esha 7:09pm 6:56pm 7:13pm 7:31pm



click here for the latest funeral updates

May Allah (SWT) grant us and all the Marhoomeen Forgiveness and Jannatul Firdaus (Aameen)

  • Mahr Fatimi: R18849.00
    (1530.90 g of Silver)
  • Minimum Mahr: R376.98
    (30.618 g of Silver)
  • Zakaah Nisaab: R7539.60
  • Saudi Riyal: R4.00
  • USD $ R14.89
  • EUR € R17.58
  • GBP £ R20.65
  • Oil $67.13 /barrel
  • Silver R12.31/g
  • Platinum $  987.65 /ounce
  • Gold $ 1 783.45 /ounce
  • Krugerrand: R27977.26
  • 24 carat gold R861.72 /g
  • 22 carat gold R791.15 /g
  • 21 carat gold R754.00 /g
  • 18 carat gold R646.96 /g
  • 14 carat gold R503.47 /g
  • 09 carat gold R330.29 /g

As at (20/08/2021)

Ashraful Aid   SANZAF

Kiri cheese kebaab

1 kg chicken mince
1 big onion (grated)
4 potatoes boiled and mashed
1 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp pepper
2 tblsp green masala
2 eggs
1 tblsp dhana jeeru
Freshly chopped parsley & dhana
Mix well together.

2 boxes Kiri cheese
2 punnets mushrooms (finely cubed)

Steam mushrooms with salt and pepper and butter, when cool mix with kiri cheese. Make small balls with the Kiri cheese and mushrooms. Thereafter take kebab mixture and pat around the Kiri cheese and mushroom balls, to form a ball around the kiri cheese. So basically the kiri cheese will be in the centre of the kebab. Dip in egg and breadcrumbs and fry.

Click here for more Recipes


The Rules of Bureaucracy

1. It is easier to fix the blame than to fix the problem.

2. A penny saved is an oversight.

3. Information deteriorates upward.

4. The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time; the last 10% takes the other 90%.

5. Experience is what you get just after you need it.

6. For any given large, complex, hard-to-understand, expensive problem, there exists at least one short, simple, easy, cheap, wrong answer.

7. Anything that can be changed will be, until time runs out.

Please share your clean jokes with us... email to

| Rentals || Jobs Seekers || Vacancies || Car Sales || Holiday Accomodation || Transport || Muslim Names || Garage Sale || News || Donate || Library || Recipes || Podcasts |

WhatsApp: Receive Radio Islam messages on WhatsApp. Kindly save this number to your contacts and WhatsApp your NAME and NUMBER to +27 79 500 0901


The information in or attached to this newsletter is for the use of the intended addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software, and delete the message from your system. Any statements and/or opinion/advertisements in this email not related to this company's business is solely that of the advertiser and we do not take responsibility / endorse for such statements / advertisements or opinions.

VIRUS WARNING: Please note that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, however, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. Radio Islam does not accept any liability for any damage caused as a result of a virus transmitted by this email.